Rezerva acum

Brasov is one of the most visited areas in Romania, offering a variety of opportunities to spend your spare time in the spectacular mountains. Fortunately, regardless of the season, there are many possibilities that combine nature, sports, history, culture and gastronomy.

LOCAL ATTRACTIONS

Râsnov Fortress

It dates from 1335 and is one of the best preserved medieval fortresses in Romania,
being a form of simple medieval architecture, marking the history of the Romanian
farmers of those centuries.

The city of Brasov

It is one of the oldest cities in Romania, with a rich, multicultural history, which is
reflected in the architectural, cultural and gastronomic heritage. It is a destination for
the European tourism and that is why every visit always brings something new.

Poiana Brasov

In this mountain resort is the largest ski area in Romania and is certainly one of the
most visited places in winter for snow sports.

Bran Castle

It is certainly one of the most famous castles in the world due to the famous legends
about Count Dracula.
It is an important example of medieval defense architecture in Romania, its history
being marked by the royal family of Romania – King Ferdinand I, Queen Mary of
Romania and their children.

Aventura Park

It is on the list of sports in the area, oering 15 game routes, zip lines and exercises of
various diculties, dedicated to both beginners and advanced.

Prejmer village

An important tourist attraction that proves the history of the Saxons in Romania and
the Church of Prejmer is included in the UNESCO World Heritage, being a special
church among the fortified churches in Southeast Europe.

Rupea Fortress

It is one of the oldest models of defense architecture in Romania, a medieval fortress
that had reached the brink of ruin. At the beginning of the 2000s, the restoration
works started and in 2013 they were completed.

Viscri village

It is a village that has become part of the UNESCO world heritage, being a unique
place in Romania for the way in which the traditional Saxon architecture has been
preserved. It is also a famous place due to the relationship that Prince Charles of Great
Britain initiated by buying a house and by putting eort into developping the village.

Black Church – (1384-1477)

The church is built in Gothic style. Inside the church there is an organ with 4000 tubes and 76 registers (from 1839) and a collection of 600-year-old oriental carpets. Originally called „Holy Virgin Mary”, it changed its name after a large fire, which darkened its walls.

Viscri Village

It is a village that has become part of the UNESCO world heritage, being a unique
place in Romania for the way in which the traditional Saxon architecture has been
preserved. It is also a famous place due to the relationship that Prince Charles of Great
Britain initiated by buying a house and by putting eort into developping the village.

St. Bartholomew’s Orthodox Church

The oldest church in town, built in early Gothic style from 1260, with a tower and defensive walls. It is located on Lunga Street, no. 251.

Weavers’ Bastion

Museum of Fortifications in Barsa Country. It was built in 1421-1432 and fortified in 1570-1573. It is located on George Cosbuc Street no. 9.

Sforii Street

Located in Brașov, Romania, between Cerbului and Poarta Șchei streets. Its existence is attested in the documents of the seventeenth century as a simple corridor, to help the work of firefighters. The width of Strings Street varies between 1.11 and 1.35 m, which gives it the title of the narrowest street in Brasov. Strings Street, with a length of 80 meters, reflects the urbanization trends of medieval Brașov.

The first Romanian School

Built in 1495, the museum building preserves the elements of the Baroque style from the changes that were brought to it in the 1760s. The museum complex consists of several halls and buildings.

Mount Tâmpa

Natural sanctuary of Romania, Tâmpa is a mountain part of Postavaru massive, located in the south of the Eastern Carpathians and surrounded almost entirely by the city of Brasov.

Zoo from Brasov

Located at the entrance of the city and originally known as the Zoo Corner, the institution was established in 1960. In 1992, it became, under the authority of the Local Council of Brasov, the Brasov Zoo.